The Galveston County Health District (GCHD) will be concluding their mass COVID-19 testing at the end of today. Free drive thru testing sites will no longer be available through the GCHD.
There are still many other options for residents to be tested including:
DRIVE THRU TESTING OPTIONS:
CommunityER Testing Site:
Where: Creekside Intermediate School, 4320 W. Main St., League City, Texas 77573
When: Daily beginning Wednesday, May 6th, 2020
Time: Appointments available daily from 9:00am – 12:00pmTo Register: Visit www.CommunityERHouston.com and click on “Get Tested” and choose “Clear Lake Location” or residents can call/text to register at: (281) 453-7777
Cost: Insurance required, or cash pay available. Those without insurance are encouraged to contact the Galveston County Health District at (409) 938-7221
COASTAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS (sites in Texas City and Galveston):
- For those without a primary care physician
- Call 409-938-7221 for more information or visit gchd.org/testing
HOSPITALS AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS:
- University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB): Call the 24/7 Access Line for screening at 800-917-8906.
- Memorial Hermann – League City: Call 832-932-9850 or visit memorialhermann.org/coronavirus
- Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital: Call 281-333-8899 or visit houstonmethodist.org/coronavirus
- Many urgent care facilities and emergency rooms also offer testing, be sure to call before so your risk can be determined and to avoid potential risks to other patients.
For more information on COVID-19 testing options, you can contact the GCHD at 409-938-7221 or visit www.gchd.org/testing.