Summertime in Texas means hot weather, sometimes even extreme hot weather. It’s important to take the necessary precautions to stay safe during these times of extreme heat.
Here are a couple of tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe and cool during this summer’s hot weather:
- Find Air Conditioning, if possible
- Avoid unnecessary strenuous activities
- Beware of the symptoms of heat illness
- Wear lighter clothing
- Drink plenty of fluids, mainly water
- Check on family members and neighbors
- Never leave people or pets in a closed car
You can find additional information and tips about preparing for extreme heat at www.ready.gov/heat. Follow the official Galveston County Facebook page @GalvestonCounty as well as other reputable local news sources to stay up to date on weather related issues and warnings this summer.