To all who have served, thank you.
If you or a veteran you know are in need of services, here are some useful links:
- Galveston County Veteran Services – To provide assistance, counseling and guidance to all Galveston County veterans and their survivors in all manners pertaining to benefits and entitlements from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Galveston County Veterans Treatment Court – Purpose is to serve Veterans and active duty service members who suffer from mental disorders due to military service, which was a contributing factor in their misd. or felony offense in Galveston County
- Property Tax – Disabled veterans can get a tax break on their property. You do not need a 100% rating to take advantage of this.
- 10% to 29% – $5,000 from the property’s value
- 30% to 49% – $7,500 from the property’s value
- 50% to 69% – $10,000 from the property’s value
- 70% to 100% – $12,000 from the property’s value
- VA.gov – The Veterans Affairs official site to manage healthcare, disability ratings, education benefits, and military records.
- eBenefits – A central online portal to apply for benefits and disability, track your appeal status, employment center, and housing.
Galveston County is honored to be home to over 27,000 known veterans. We are proud to serve those who have served. The Galveston County Veteran Services can be a powerful advocate for you to get the benefits you have more than earned. Click the link above or dial 409-766-2448 and schedule an appointment today.